I know, I know, I know!!! You’ve heard it a million times before. From your upline. From your company executives. From all manner of trainers. But do you really get it? I mean really, really understand what it means exactly? To be honest, I thought I had it many years ago, but my income was nowhere near where I wanted it to be and I just could not work out what on earth I had to do in order to change that. So here is my journey in 5 quick points (obviously not the full story, but you know how it is) that hopefully will encourage and inspire you to look within. Because the answers are already inside of you – sometimes you just have to ask the right questions.
- Question why you do things in a certain way. If your actions are not producing the results you want, what can you change?
- Listen only to those who you resonate with. Just because your upline loves Tony Robbins and you don’t, it does not mean you will fail. I’ve heard this so many times “if you don’t do this, then you won’t succeed”. Bollocks! That is called manipulation at its finest. You find what serves you best. It’s YOUR business – NOT your upline’s.
- Quit procrastinating. Stop filing, sorting, organizing, shuffling paper, sharpening your pencil etc etc etc. If you have a plan to work from 2pm until 5pm, then bloody well do it!! Place the ads. Make the calls. Set the appointments. Do whatever it takes to generate the activity required to get you the results you are looking for. There is never the perfect time for anything – the perfect time is NOW!
- Don’t ever underestimate the power of momentum and a 90 Day Plan. I think this is fairly self-explanatory but consistent and persistent actions always delivers results. You will discover very quickly what works and what doesn’t. Tweaking is always going to be required but just get in the game and do it daily. Put an end to the ‘stop/start’ – it will get you nowhere.
- Always be willing to ask yourself or those close to you the tough questions. I’m not suggesting be critical of yourself, but if you are always striving for excellence – it’s a bit like shooting for the moon and hitting the stars – you’re still always going to create something amazing.
So I get that this is a very concise version of what I have done to shift my personal growth up a gear over the years. It’s when you get out of your comfort zone that something miraculous happens. I simply am not able to adequately explain it unless you experience it for yourself. Business is tough – but hey, if it were easy everyone would be doing it. You are special, gifted, talented and incredible. Believe it and act as if you are. You are powerful beyond measure. The world needs you. So work harder on yourself than on your business and watch your bank account grow.